Skip to main content

 Kirby Mtn No Fake Jakup's last hunt was during the pandemic break on Nov. 6, 2020.  He pointed the first Grouse which I got never hearing the second bird which he immediately followed up on....those who hunted will Jakup understand, the dog never stopped. Within a minute he hooked the second Grouse for an easy incoming shot. Not a perfect double but it was a day I will forever cherish. Jakup passed in the spring of 2022 as Jazpur from his first litter took over. A dog's love is unconditional and I still miss him.






Popular posts from this blog

BRITTANY PUPPIES

John Hayes, the breeder I use at : Kirby Mountain Kennels just had a nice litter of Brits. This is the guy I got my young dog from. These puppies were born on Thanksgiving and will be ready mid to end of January. There is one spoken for and the litter is 5 males and 5 females....these are NICE dogs! Kirby Mountain Kennels 240 Locust Ridge Road, East Burke, Vt (802) 626-5282 Contact John on facebook key words Kirby Mountain Kennels or at http://kirbymountainkennels.com/

Vermont Woodcock Hunting

The Woodcock hunting in Southern Vermont is EXCELLENT right now!!!! Pictured below is my 1 year old puppy "Jake"....This puppy is getting a ton of time in the covers and is pointing as well as any puppy I've ever seen....

Vermont Bird Hunting

Woodcock chalk, a clear indicator that Woodcock were feeding here and are nearby. More times then not...you'll have and see a point, walk up, see chalk and then fly a bird. An American Woodcock, my absolute favorite little brown bird! "POINT" it is time to get over there.... find a window...ITS SHOWTIME! Dead Bird... Being in his third season and with the TERRIBLE TWOS behind us...my young dog "Jake" has come a long way and is alot of fun to watch. THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING....flight birds will be arriving this next week. LIFE IS VERY GOOD!